I was going to blog in detail why information is a right but decide to leave that to later to include why high speed internet is a necessary infrastructure to meet the rights to information. But today I thought I’ll just quickly answer why information is a right? or more specifically, why everyone has a right to unhindered flow of information? The simple answer is – any entity who can control information and limit its flow can skew facts, and hence public opinion in their favor. It can also give them unfair advantage (commerce/trade, career, knowledge) against people who are denied similar information.
Why Information is a Right?
- Avoid Blame Game and Deal with Hard Questions of the First Nations Issue
- Hard Drive with Student Loan borrowers Personal Info Went Missing
- Patent That Becomes a Tool for Obstructing Innovation Needs to Go
- News Roundup: Patent Circus; Android’s Security Flaw
- Canada’s “Open Government” Needs Real Openness
- After Obama sign #NDAA, could a peaceful protester be charge for being "belligerent" and jailed without trial? youtube.com/watch?v=PLiKvS… #wakeup 6 years ago
- RT @TheAtlantic: Don't know what #SOPA is? Here's what it means for the Internet -- and why you should hate it theatln.tc/tjUd1M 6 years ago
- Scott Walker and Fox's R. Murdoch "education reform". Cuts and lobbyist push for privatization of U.S. education. bit.ly/tGaVLr #ows 6 years ago
- News Roundup: Patent Circus; Android's Security Flaw wp.me/p15tvS-By /via @wordpressdotcom 6 years ago
- Stormy Skies for Canada's Middle Class - Yahoo! News yhoo.it/jsJkns via @yahoocanadanews 6 years ago